Welcome to June! I am so excited that we are officially in June which means I have only one month to go in this pregnancy! Hoping to do a lot of good prep this month to have some posts coming in July when I have a newborn 🙂
May was a great reading month for me! I feel like I played catch up for most of the month. I had to get back on track with my Goodreads Challenge Goal of 50 books this year. It’s going to be close (I can already tell, haha)! And I am officially caught up on reviews. That means it’s time to read more books, right? 🙂
This month I read and reviewed:
- Anne of Green Gables, the first novel for the #AnneReadAlong2017. More info here! We’d love you to join us and link up current or older reviews and thoughts about the series!
- Lilac Girls for April book club and The Girl Who Drank the Moon for May book club.
- The Great Gatsby as part of my Classics Club list.
- The One and Only Ivan and Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, both Newbery Honor books (one of my 2017 goals is read more award winning books).
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, a bestseller (one of my 2017 goals is read more bestsellers).
- And Garden Spells which I read on a recommendation from a friend.
The goals are high for this month as well–hoping to make a lot of progress early in the month in case baby comes early 🙂
For the #AnneReadAlong2017:
Anne of Avonlea by L. M. Montgomery // Just started book two and love being back in Anne’s world again. If I am especially productive this month, I would like to read book three, Anne of the Island, this month too.
For The Classics Club:
The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway // I figured I would keep with the American ex-pats and read this shorter novel from Hemingway as well this month.
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain // I just picked this one up at Half Price Books a few weeks ago, and I am excited to read it!
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo // Making progress on this beautiful classic. I have finished the book called Fantine and am now in the heavy history section about the Battle of Waterloo before we return to Cosette. It reminds me of War and Peace right now…
Taking the month off of book club.
For my 2017 Goals and for Fun:
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak // An all time favorite of mine I would like to reread this month.
The Illusionist’s Apprentice by Kristy Cambron // I love everything I’ve ever read by Kristy and can’t wait to experience this one.
Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee // Assuming I can get this from the library soon, I think I am finally ready to read this and share some thoughts.
What I’m currently reading:
Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Mariller // A retelling of the 12 dancing princesses fairy tale set in Transylvania.
What are you reading this month?