Happy Weekend, everyone!
As my awesome co-host Jackie mentioned in her post earlier this week, we are looking for more ways to get you involved in our #AnneReadAlong2017. Even if you can’t commit to reading the full series, we hope you will join us for some of the books and for a few other posts along the way. Jackie put together a schedule of monthly Top 5 posts all themed around our favorite redheaded heroine. You can access that list on the above link.
Without further ado, here is my Top 5 Anne List. Enjoy!
Top 5 Reasons I Want To Read Anne of Green Gables
- I love the first book. It’s one of my favorites from childhood that I still reread as an adult and fall in love with over and over.
- Anne is one of my favorite literary characters. I love how spirited and passionate she is about life, love, and her imagination. I love her ambitious nature and her deep loyalty to those she loves. And I love the journey she goes on through the first book and the full series, especially her changing relationship with Gilbert (who is also one of my favorite characters in literature.)
- I love the 1985 mini series starring Megan Fellows. It’s one of my favorite movie adaptations period. I think they just get so many of the characters spot on, and I love the sweeping views of Avonlea and PEI (I want to one day go there in the fall and experience it for myself!)
- I haven’t read the full series before. I do own the complete set of novels and certainly have been wanting to read the full set. I think I have read the first three novels but not beyond that. I am excited to experience Anne’s full story from beginning to end this year.
- I have wanted to host a read along and this seemed like the perfect series to focus on! This is my first time co-hosting a read along and it’s been great fun so far. Jackie is an awesome co-host and we have so much fun talking through ideas about Anne. I am loving hearing what you have to say about Anne too!
Check out why these bloggers are reading Anne:
Why are you reading the Anne series? Or why did you read Anne in the past?
Include your link below!