Happy April, friends! Okay, I am embarrassed to admit I haven’t done a proper Wrap-Up/TBR post since the start of November! I am excited to finally be back today to share what I’ve been up to this month.
Here’s how my reading went in March.
- I finished a few children’s classics for the first time including Ella Enchanted, Tuck Everlasting, and The City of Ember (review coming this weekend!)
- I reread The Fault in Our Stars as my first reread of 2017 (1 down, 4 to go).
- I also read The Bronte Plot for fun and to satisfy my nerdy British Lit loving soul!
- I also finished Sense and Sensibility this month as part of the Classics Club. Review coming soon!
- I’m making great progress on Les Miserables–and I love it!
And now for my April reading goals.
For the Classics Club:
continue Les Miserables by Victor Hugo // I am being a bit more casual in my Les Mis reading than with War and Peace. That’s because I enjoy it more consistently 🙂 Hoping to continue to
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell // Next up on my shorter classics is this great one from Gaskell. I love the BBC mini series and I’m really excited to read this!
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey // My husband actually recommended this book to me. I am listening to the audiobook and find is fascinating and inspiring. Hoping to make some positive habitual changes in my life as well!
An Award Winner:
The Life of Pi by Yann Martel // This one has been on my list forever, and I hope this is the month to start it. I anticipate it taking a while to read.
For Book Club:
Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly // I am really excited about this book club choice. I love WWII time period novels.
Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen // A friend of mine recently recommended this book to me. I think it will be the perfect lighter read this month.
And announcing the Anne of Green Gables Read Along 2017!!
I am so excited to host this read along with my good friend Penni over at Penni’s Perceptions starting in May 2017! Check back later this month for more info!
What are you reading this month?