Can you believe it’s September? The fall is my favorite time of year. I love all the anticipation of the holidays to come, the changing leaves, cooler weather, and college football 🙂
I feel like it’s been a super long time since I did a wrap-up post. With the move in late July and early August, it went completely out of my mind. Now we are moved in and starting to feel like Texans 😉
So here comes a new wrap-up post!
August was a great month for me. I read some lovely novels including…
- I devoured Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J. K. Rowling et al and would love to hear what you thought of it!
- And I went right into Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban because I needed more Harry–and I’m doing a Harry Potter Marathon in 2016 🙂
- I finally finished Heidi by Johanna Spyri which was my 10th novel for The Classics Club!
- I finished These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder marking the 8th month of the #LittleHouseRAL
- And I completed the month reading Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford–who read my review and totally tweeted me back! So awesome!
I have big plans for September too!
For my Harry Potter Marathon 2016:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling // The first of the big novels in the series and the first book where I really wish someone didn’t die in the end.
For the #LittleHouseRAL:
The First Four Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder // I remember this book being somewhat sad. But I am excited to read it again nonetheless.
For The Classics Club:
War and Peace, book 10 by Leo Tolstoy // This is totally doable because I am finally almost done with this book in the novel. And suddenly I’m also 2/3 done with the whole novel!
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen // This is the one Austen novel I have yet to read in it’s entirety. This is the month to do it!
The Complete Tales of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter // I have read many, if not all, of these before, but I want to read them all in a row. One of my favorite children’s authors ever 🙂
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah // I started this book a couple of days ago–finally! Can’t wait to experience the whole thing.
The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald // I have once again reserved it at the library so I am hoping it comes in soon. And this time I will read it!
Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George // My awesome sister-in-law recommended this one to me. I always love good chick lit 🙂
**Plus look for my review as part of the blog tour of The Cautious Maiden by Dawn Crandall!
Have you read any of these books? What did you think?
What are you reading this month?