So you may have noticed I have done fewer tags lately. Basically, I am constantly behind.
Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who tags me! I appreciate that so many people think of me. Keep them coming!
I thought I would do a few today to catch up. Thank you to Reg @ She Latitude and Rose Read, Poppy @ Poppy’s Best of Books, Kat @ Life and Other Disasters, T.K. Lawrence @ Read it or Not Reviews and Astra @ A Stranger’s Guide to Novels. These bloggers are awesome! Go check out their great posts!
- Mention the creator of the tag (Ayunda @ Tea and Paperbacks).
- Thank the blogger who tagged you!
- Choose one of the options, you don’t have to tell the reasons why you chose that but you can also do them if you want to.
- Tag 10 other people to do this tag to spread the love!
One: Reading on the couch or on the bed?
My favorite spot to read it actually my recliner–so comfy and great place to read!
Two: Male main character or female main character?
I have read more female main character novels lately and like them. Of course, I also love plenty of male main characters. So I’m going to say both 🙂
Three: Sweet snacks or salty snacks when reading?
Both! My favorite is goldfish and M&Ms–perfect book snacks!
Four: Trilogies or quartets?
YES! Basically I love series. Lately I am more into quartets (Lunar Chronicles, Selection Series).
Five: First person point of view or third person point of view?
Its hard to pick one of these. I think they both have merits when done well. I enjoy being able to get inside someone’s head more but having an omniscient third person narrator is nice too.
Six: Reading at night or in the morning?
Night for sure. I am a late night reader and can loose track of the hours quite quickly.
Seven: Libraries or bookstores?
Libraries. I absolutely LOVE both. But at least I can come out with 5-6 books at the library and not feel like I just spent a small fortune. I love browsing bookstores and have a hard time leaving without a new book. So libraries are safer 🙂
Eight: Books that make you laugh or make you cry?
Books that do both. I think my favorite books make me laugh and make me cry.
Nine: Black book covers or white book covers?
Hmm I haven’t thought about this before. I’m not sure. I would say I like hard cover books better than paperback.
Ten: Character-driven or plot-driven stories?
Yes. It depends on my mood, but I definitely love great character development and a great adventure story. I think we need both in the world.
The Deserted Island Book Tag
Water – A Book that you simply cannot live without.
Harry Potter series. My first love and my favorites.
Food – A book that is a close second on your favourites list.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. It’s hard to only pick two! I have a whole shelf of favorites!
Shelter – A Book that makes you feel at home and safe.
Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery. I just love this story and it’s beautiful message and setting.
Flare Gun – A Book that you would recommend to someone who doesn’t read.
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis. Not too long, lots a moving action, and a deeper message if you want to find it.
Matchsticks – A Book that warms your heart.
Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson. I love this beautiful romance–definitely heart warming.
Compass – A Book that directed your love of reading.
Harry Potter belongs here too. Also Roald Dahl’s books. Both classics.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Post a quote for three consecutive days.
- Nominate three new bloggers each day.
I’m simplifying this one to one day and three quotes. I’ve done this one before but like Kat, I love quotes!
A favorite love quote from a favorite classic (Persuasion by Jane Austen). A favorite quote from my recent favorite series (The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer). And a favorite quote from the series that started it all for me (Harry Potter by JK Rowling).
- Thank and follow the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions they set for you.
- Set some new questions and nominate five more bloggers.
My Answers (Sunshine Blogger):
- If you could have the last unreleased books of any unfinished series, what would they be?
- The Crown by Kiera Cass. I just love this totally sappy love story and can’t wait to hear how it ends!
- What would your dream library look like?
- This is the best question ever. Floor to ceiling book shelves around the whole room, a fireplace, and a huge bay window with a big window seat and pillows.
- If you had to live in any dystopian world, which world would you choose?
- The world of the Lunar Chronicles would be intriguing–ideally post Levana.
- What do you like best in a book?
- great characters and good story twists
- What specifically makes you dislike a book?
- Clique tropes/motifs, non-happy endings
- Generally, what are your expectations on a hyped book before you read it?
- I usually think I am going to love it. And often I do!
- Most beautiful book book cover you’ve seen that prompted you to purchase the book immediately?
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Beautiful story too!
My Answers: (Book Fangirling)
- Who is your biggest book crush?
- Philip Wyndam from Edenbrooke and Mr Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. Obviously I was born in the wrong century and on the wrong continent.
- Favourite and least favourite genre and why?
- Favorite genre–Classics and YA Fantasy, Least favorite–Horror
- What is your favourite read of 2016 so far?
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell.
- Are you planning to reread a book? If so, what, if not why?
- Always! Right now I am rereading the Little House Books and Fablehaven books
- Are you a fan of classics? If so, name your favourite classic, if not, why?
- Yes! I love the classics! Jane Eyre and Little Women are both favorites.
- What is your favorite book series you have read recently?
- Favorite children’s book and why?
- Bookstore or library?
- Which is better: book or movie adaptation? why?
- If you could live in a book, which would you live in?
- Which book do you find yourself recommending most frequently?
- Favorite type of M&M. This is a serious one.
I Tag: Pick a tag or several 🙂
Penni @ Penni’s Perceptions
Carrie @ Reading is my Superpower
Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse
Larkin @ Wonderfilled Reads
Cat @ The Book Finch
Nazahet @ Read Diverse Books
Kelly @ Here’s to Happy Endings
Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies
Whitney @ Brown Books and Green Tea
Thanks for reading and thanks again for the tags!