Hello there! I feel like I haven’t been able to blog as much as I would like lately. It’s been a busy few weeks with my mom in town, my best friend’s wedding, and many sleepless nights. But I am back and excited to catch up on a few blogger awards this week and bring you a few reviews.
Last month I was for nominated for the Siblinghood of the World Bloggers Award by Shivalika @ Whimsy Journals. She writes a fantastic blog with awesome posts about books, DIYs, and all things Harry Potter. So naturally we are meant to be friends 🙂 Go check out her blog!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
- Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
- Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10).
- Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nominations.
Answers to her questions!
Which is the best book you have read this year so far and what made you love it?
Wow, that’s a tough one. I have loved All the Light We Cannot See and The Little Paris Bookshop most of all because they are beautifully written books with compelling characters and moving plots. I recommend them both.
What excuses do you give for not lending your books to others?
I don’t want them to get lost. Or torn. Or never get them back. My books are like my babies. I’m super protective of them.
Which genre, if there is, do you usually avoid reading?
I don’t like a lot of scary books so I usually avoid things like horror or murder mysteries.
Do you ever plan to write a book? If so which genre?
I would love to write a book one day. I have a few ideas roaming around in my mind. Probably I would write something in realistic fiction–taking place in the current time and focus on characters more than plot.
Which books have inspired you to write? Or start your blog?
Wow, that’s a great question. Harry Potter was my initial inspiration to love reading. To love writing I would credit William Wordsworth, Jane Austen, Anne of Green Gables, and the many books I have read over the years.
Apart from reading, what is your favourite hobby?
I love going on walks with my family and scrapbooking.
Any specific book you are inclined to read on a cozy rainy day?
I love reading on rainy days! Any book would do 🙂
Favourite Disney movie?
Love this! I love Disney. Some of my favorites are Cinderella, Toy Story, and Frozen.
Favourite authors and why?
Another tough one! 🙂 I have so many favorites. I love them all for different reasons and because they keep me excited about reading. Some include JK Rowling, Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Shannon Hale and more.
If you could change a character in a book, which would it be?
I would like to make Harry a bit less angsty in Harry Potter book 5. And I would change Tris from the Divergent series to be less obsessed with death and more invested in living.
- What is your favorite book series you have read recently?
- Favorite children’s book and why?
- Where is your favorite place to read?
- Do you prefer shopping online or in the store?
- What are you favorite TV shows?
- Which is better: book or movie adaptation? why?
- If you could live in a book, which would you live in?
- Which book do you find yourself recommending most frequently?
- Where would you go on your dream vacation?
- Favorite type of M&M. This is a serious one 🙂
Calliope @ The Book Goddess
Emma @ Emma’s Bookery
Daniela @ Books to Get Lost in
Analee @ Book Snacks
Rachael @ Writing Rachael Ritchey
Thanks for reading!