I am honored to have been nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award, nominated by the awesome blogger Nicole over at Sorry, I’m Booked. Nicole writes a ton of fun posts about all sorts of books. Check out her blog! The award was originally created and posted by Eve at Edge of Night. I’m still new to the book blogging world. I love meeting new bloggers and hearing about what books you’re loving!
The Rules (as posted by Eve):
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
How Greenish Bookshelf Started:
- The short answer is I love books! And I love writing.
- When I finished my college degrees, I wanted to keep reading, but it was difficult to get excited about reading. I got a library card at our local library and dove into the books. I started with fun books that were full of action and love and face paced events.
- I started writing down my thoughts about books I read. I loved looking back at how I felt about books. When I had a good sized pile of book thoughts on paper, I felt like I wanted to do more.
- I wanted to share those thoughts and connect with other book lovers.
- Viola! Greenish Bookshelf was born!
My Advice for My Fellow Bloggers:
- Write for you, first and foremost.
- Be consistent. Write consistently, and it will become a habit.
- Write about what you love. If you’re primarily a book blogger, read books you want to read and write how you feel about them.
- Give comments and you will get comments. Visit others’ blogs and people will visit yours.
- Don’t give up!
- Amy @ Read What I Like
- Kendra @ Student by Day, Reader All Night
- Daniel @ How to Read Books
- Kimsiang @ Lazy Caramel Reads
- Enthralling Dimple
- Hardwork Boulevard
- Bianca @ The Ultimate Fangirl
- The Misfortune of Knowing
- Klinta @ Book Owly
- Michaela @ michaelaraeblogs
- Carpe Demi
- Brin @ Brin’s Book Blog
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight