Happy Spring! I hope you are enjoying warmer weather wherever you are. Our flowering trees are blooming and the tulips are opening. We love all the springtime flowers and weather.
Today, I thought I’d share a recent book haul. I have a favorite used bookstore near me. And for my most recent birthday, I requested gift cards to this store. And both my parents and my in laws came through with gift certificates! I was thrilled! The perfect present for a bibliophile, right? 🙂
We finally were able to go this past week on a date to this bookstore and I found so many treasures! I thought I would share my haul. Because the bookish community is fantastic and I think we all appreciate good book hauls 🙂 Enjoy!
In pile order:
Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis
Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl
Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes
Island of the Aunts by Eva Ibbotson
Frindle by Andrew Clements
Dear Mr. Henshaw by Beverly Cleary
Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
The Vicar’s Daughter by Josi Kilpack
- That’s 4 Newbery Medal winners and 1 Newbery Honor Book.
- 5 books I’ve read before (some several years ago and others recently) and 5 I haven’t read yet.
- 2 books have reviews already on my blog.
- Several I want to read to my kids. And a few I want to read by myself.
- A few fantasy novels and several historical fiction stories.
- 6 authors I have read other books by and 7 that I own other books by.
It’s a fun pile of additions to my home library! The hardest question now is which should I read first.
What books have you brought home recently?
Do you prefer searching through bookstores or browsing online for books?
P.S. Can we please take a moment to FREAK OUT about the recent cover and title reveal for the final Dragonwatch book?! I can’t wait!! Seriously, what am I supposed to do until October?