I love October because it’s the first month of true fall, all things pumpkin, and the anticipation of all the exciting holidays to come.
September was a really good month for me as a book blogger. I got a lot of great reading in and reviewed some amazing novels. Check out my reviews at the links below (and leave a comment. I’d love to hear what you think! 🙂 )
- I started with The First Four Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder as I continue my Little House Read Along 2016.
- I finished book 10 of War and Peace! Such exciting times! I’m about 2/3rd of the way through book 11 now. And I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
- I enjoyed reading The Complete Tales of Beatrix Potter sequentially as part of my list for the Classics Club.
- I read A Sparrow in Terezin by Kristy Cambron, and The Magician’s Elephant by Kate DiCamillo for fun.
- And I squeezed in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling at the end of the month.
- I also finished The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald but the review is coming this first week of October 🙂
Looking forward to great reading this month as well!
For the #LittleHouseRAL:
On the Way Home: The Diary of a Trip from South Dakota to Mansfield, Missouri, in 1894 by Laura Ingalls Wilder and Rose Wilder Lane // I have never read (nor heard of) this published diary. But I am excited to check it out!
For My Harry Potter Marathon 2016:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling // I remember this book being my least favorite of the series; although I do remember enjoying most of it. I hate the ending.
For The Classics Club:
War and Peace, book 11, by Leo Tolstoy // Getting close to this one. I can feel the accomplishment of finishing on my fingertips!
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen // I need to remember to read this one. I keep overlooking it. But the few chapters I have read, I have enjoyed so far.
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes // Just finished this one tonight. It made me cry. It made me laugh. It made me think. I need some time to digest and cry before I review it.
With Every Breath by Elizabeth Camden // Looking forward to this work of historical fiction. Recommended to me by the lovely Carrie at Reading is my Superpower 🙂
And my review of The Cautious Maiden by Dawn Crandall is coming out this month, as the blog tour was moved to October 🙂
As always, huge goals and so little time 🙂
What are you reading this month?