I am honored to be nominated by Jody at A Spoonful of Happy Endings for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Jody writes great reviews and posts about the best in chick lit. Go and check her blog out!
Thanks so much for nominating me, Jody!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs.
Scroll down to read my answers to Jody’s 10 questions and find out who I’ve nominated for this award! 🙂
Questions that were put to me
1. What was your favourite book (series) when you were a teenager (and which you probably still secretly love)?
I grew up loving Harry Potter, and I am totally still a huge fan of The Boy Who Lived.
2. Which genre do you absolutely never read?
I’m not really into hot and heavy romance novels, but I do love a good love story.
3. Can you read a book while watching tv with one eye or is it too distracting?
I certain try to do both on occasion. But really, I just end up reading and not watching TV at all.
4. What is your favourite place to buy books?
I love finding small, hole-in-the-wall bookshops when I’m on vacation.Some of my favorites are a small shop down an alley in London with books piled everywhere–on the stairs, chairs, you name it. I also love a bookshop converted from an old church near my home town.And I love to buy books on Amazon.
5. Which character do you love to hate?
Hmm that’s a tough one. I guess I would say I’m pretty classic–I love to hate Mr Wickham from Pride and Prejudice and Bellatrix LeStrange from Happy Potter.
6. What was the best book you’ve read in 2015 so far?
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Absolutely fantastic.
7. For which book would you like to make the soundtrack?
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. The music would be haunting, magical, mysterious, romantic, and dreamy.
8. Do you read more books by male or female authors?
That’s tough. I actually had to think about it. Its pretty close. I love Dickens, Tolkien, and Lewis, but I also love Alcott, Rowling, and Austen. Hard to say.
9. The perfect length of a book?
About 300 pages.
10. Which book would you want to read for the very first time again?
The Book Thief by Mark Zusak because it’s perspective is so unique and the story is so compelling. It helped me experience a story surrounding WWII in a whole new way.
Questions I’ll be passing on
1. What books might you include on a list of your top 5 favorites?
2. If you could live in a book, which would it be and why?
3. Favorite genre to read?
4. How many books are you currently reading?
5. Name 2 books you mean to read but keep putting off.
6. If you taught a literature class, what would be on your syllabus for the class?
7. Do you prefer paperback, hardcover, or ebooks?
8. What’s the most memorable bookstore you’ve visited?
9. Favorite place to read?
10. If you’re not reading, what do you like to do?
Go check out these awesome blogs written by some awesome ladies!
Beth Marie @ B Marie’s Books
Anne @ My Head is Full of Books
Klinta @ Book Owly
Angelized 1st @ I was Angelized 1st
Liza @ Reading with ABC
Sue @ Crushing Cinders
Aentee @ Read at Midnight
Obsessive Compulsive Reader @ Obsessive Compulsive Reader
AJ @ Read All the Things!
Whitney @ She is Too Fond of Books
7 thoughts on “Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award!”
Pingback: I'm a Sisterhood of the World Blogger! - Crushingcinders
Thank you for the nomination. Here is my link
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much for the nomination, it was so sweet for you to think of me!
No problem! Love reading your blog 🙂
Thank you for the nomination. I am unworthy! But it is funny timing for this award since I was justt ranting about how it seemed like no one ever visited my blog and made comments. Thanks for the affirmation to go on. Anne@HeadFullofBooks
Here is my link: http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/07/sisterhood-of-world-blogger-award.html
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re so welcome! I really enjoy reading your blog and I will have to post more comments 😉 Comments are the best, right? 🙂